Bringing the Penn dimension to successful meetings, conferences and events.
University of Pennsylvania
The University of Pennsylvania has a proud history of educational innovation, in keeping with founder Benjamin Franklin's vision of a school in which students would learn "everything that is useful and everything that is ornamental." Among Penn's firsts: the nation's first medical school, first collegiate business school, first journalism program, first university teaching hospital, and first modern liberal arts curriculum.
Today, Penn's four undergraduate schools have a combined student body of nearly 10,000. Undergraduate schools include: College (School of Arts and Sciences), School of Engineering and Applied Science, School of Nursing, and Wharton School. Admissions are highly selective with only about 15% of applicants gaining admission.
Penn's welcoming, 262-acre campus in University City is home to notable landmarks such as Houston Hall, the nation's first student union; University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archeology and Anthropology, one of the finest in the world; and Franklin field, the first double-decked college stadium.
The historic, Ivy League campus of the University of Pennsylvania is just five minutes from Center City, Philadelphia. Penn is only minutes from the Pennsylvania Convention Center, First Union Center, Amtrak's 30th Street Station, all major interstates, fifteen minutes from Philadelphia International airport, and offers fast, easy access to New York, Baltimore, and Washington D.C.
Leaving no other option than to...
Make Penn your destination of choice!
At Conference Services, our mission is to provide high quality, cost-effective, streamlined meeting and event-planning services for the Penn community and outside groups. Our expertise spans all types of meetings, programs, and events from academic symposia and departmental receptions to corporate retreats, association meetings and sports camps. All for groups ranging in size from 10 to 2,000.
Destination Penn showcases the impressive array of facilities and resources the University of Pennsylvania has to offer as a destination of choice for meeting and event planners seeking a collegiate, intellectual, and architecturally significant environment. With our Ivy League setting, breadth of venues, experienced conference staff and technological capabilities, we have everything it takes to make your meeting or event a memorable experience for all.
Active memberships in Philadelphia Convention and Visitors Bureau, Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation, Association of Collegiate Conference and Event Directors, and Meeting Professionals International keep us on top of our game.
View our Green Initiatives.
A Few Recent Clients Include:
Penn Institute for Urban Research
Wharton Zell Lurie Real Estate Center
American Bankers Association
Penn Institute for the Translational Medicine and Therapeutics (ITMAT)
Society of Developmental Biology
International Council of Shopping Centers
As a top research institution, there's virtually nothing we can't help you find. Today, our broad-based, multidisciplinary approach to learning cuts across all of Penn's 12 schools providing an unparalleled educational experience. And in support of Penn's academic mission, Conference Services provides access to a plethora of Faculty experts to help you create a robust intellectual atmosphere for any meeting or event.
Among Our Firsts
- The nation's first medical school and teaching hospital
- First collegiate business school
- First journalism program
- First modern liberal arts curriculum
All this, and we're minutes from Center City, the Pennsylvania Convention Center, Amtrak's 30th Street Station, all major interstates and fifteen minutes from the Wachovia Center, Citizens Bank Park, Lincoln Financial Field and Philadelphia International Airport.
About the University of Pennsylvania
Founded in 1740 as a charity school for Philadelphia children, the University of Pennsylvania was America's first university. Today, Penn is among the foremost institutions of higher education, renowned for its scholarship, faculty, and research. Located in a major metropolis rich in history, tradition, and culture, Penn offers an exceptional meeting destination in a unique, Ivy League setting.
Packaged Services We Provide
We provide a valuable link between our client and the guests in attendance, playing a key role in ensuring the quality of the Destination Penn experience for all through:
- Selection and procurement of appropriate meeting space both on and off campus
- Delivering on-campus residence hall housing, May through August
- Creating food and beverages packages possibly combining residential dining and/or catered events
- Visible on and off-site coordination
- Efficient pre-registration management
- Production of name badges, programs and other materials
- Fiscally sound folio management and the ease of payment from one invoice
Even with your experience, you recognize the need for support from a seasoned team of professionals. We provide a single point of contact to become your ally- lending insight, analysis and inspiration. Before your meeting, conference or event begins, you'll have the chance to hold a precon meeting allowing us to mutually review items that are critical to your success as planner.
On Line Registration
There is no better time to take a look at how Conference Services can help you. Whether you're hosting at Penn or in another part of the World, this resource is available for use by you. Our PCI Compliant Web Registration System:
- Accurately and securely registers your conference or program participants and sends automatic e-mail confirmations
- Collects data that is tailored for your event (e-mail address, meal options, birth date…virtually any information you need to obtain)
- No need for a merchant account! For a nominal fee, we provide a secure and reliable way to process Visa, MasterCard and American Express payments
- Facilitates revenue redistribution to your general ledger and to individual departmental accounts
- Can be used as a stand alone web application or embedded into your existing website
- Provides you with a complete database of registered participants: receive data in excel, access or crystal reports and create your own printable reports.
- Helps you go green! Eliminate paper, excess storage space, postage and other sources of waste generated by paper-based processes
Since our informal launch in late 2006, we have been helping organizations of all sizes run successful web registration procedures. We have done over 100 events, processed more than 2 million dollars in transactions and helped over 7,000 registered participants.
Access to professional on-site meeting staff and event worker services so planners can stay focused on their core function by outsourcing on-site staffing responsibilities and back office operations for meetings and events.
Hospitality and Registration
Provide participants and guests with a welcoming information and resources center:
- On-site monitoring of vendor set-up
- Meeting and event timeline management
- Coordinate guest check-in procedures
- Ensure timely, orderly distribution of program materials
- Oversee staffing of registration and gift tables
- Professionally attending to the needs of VIPs
- Production of name badges, programs and other materials
- Group event ticket procurement here at Penn, in Philadelphia and around the world
Point to Point Transfer
Incorporate smaller, individual programs hosted at satellite locations:
- Arrange the transfer of guests from point to point, conveniently, efficiently, and graciously
- Plan and coordinate a convenient boarding and drop-off route and schedule, ensuring that guests have a clear understanding of when and where to board shuttle transportation for their destinations
Meet and Greet
Provide in-bound guests with pre-arranged, pre-paid professional greeting and transportation services.
Shaping Successful Meetings
Holly Marrone, Assistant Director, Operations
Thomas MacDonald, Operations Coordinator
Dennis Daly, Coordinating Liaison
Rachel Denby, Coordinator
If dialing from outside the United States, dial 00 + 1 + city code + the number.
Phone: 215.898.9319, or toll free 877.454.PENN (7366)
University of Pennsylvania
3702 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6027
There are 27 visitors online.